Monday, August 10, 2009

Gem Show in Springfield, MA



News from Beadworks by Kerri..... What a wonderful trip I had with one of my very good friends, Kristie-Lou Brigham, this past weekend. We took a couple of days off from the daily grind to attend a gem show in Springfield, MA. It was the first gem show of this magnitude for me to attend and I must say, it was a little overwhelming at times. We drove up the day before and spent the night so we would have a shorter drive the next morning. Got to the show about 9:30am and didn't leave until 6:30pm. It was a long day, but well worth the time and effort. We both got some beautiful treasures and will be busy making new jewelry for quite some time. Kristie does wire wrap using mostly crystals and minerals and I do beadwork using mostly cabs, so we shopped in different booths for the most part. It sure was nice to have someone keeping me company, though, for the 5 1/2 hour drive up there and back home again. We had quite the adventure getting back home too, what with signs posted wrong on the highway, almost running out of gas, and almost getting run over......we sure were glad to be back in PA!




This is me right outside the gem show venue.....it was packed full of people in no time!!
Here's my good friend, Kristie, wire wrap goddess....heehee

No comments:

Post a Comment