Saturday, September 12, 2009

Interview with an Etsy Seller and Friend


I've been buying jewelry supplies from Sherry Spring of springbeads.etsy.com almost since I first joined the Etsy community. I've always gotten the best service so I wanted to let everyone know a little more about her through an interview.

Question 1: How did you get your start selling jewelry supplies?

Sherry: Actually, I didn't. I started selling jewelry, then quickly discovered that my "creations" were not selling at all. So, I decided to start selling beads on a different "E store". I made a few sales, but nothing to speak of. My younger sister was visiting from Iowa and she asked me if I had tried selling on "Etsy". I said,"What the heck is an Etsy?" She promptly went to my computer and brought up Etsy. It was love at first "site". Here we are 8 months and over 700 sales later!!

Question 2: What are your favorite beads?

Sherry: The Czech glass beads are my most favorite of all of the beads. The colors and different cuts are beautiful. I just love aurora borealis coated Czech glass beads and my other favorite of the Czech beads are the capri blue, because they sell so well.

Question 3: What does the future hold for Springbeads?

Sherry: If it's anything like the past 8 months, the future looks good. I am always cruising my supply catalogues looking for incredible beads at a reasonable price so I can pass these beauties on to my customers. I have been testing the waters on semi precious stones and found that there is a great demand. Then, finally to take it one step further and start selling precious stones and metals.

Question 4: Is there anything you would like to add before we finish this interview?

Sherry: I want to be known as the shop for customer service from start to finish. The finest quality product that I can find, fair prices and honest rates for shipping. I believe a good transaction is when both parties leave happy. Also, I would like to thank all of my customers, old and new.

You can CLICK HERE to visit Sherry's Etsy shop and you can CLICK HERE to check out her blog.

Thank you Sherry, for being such a great Etsy vendor and for your friendship along life's journey.

Check out her beautiful jewelry supplies, you'll be glad you did!!

No comments:

Post a Comment