Friday, March 26, 2010

Inspired by Nature


Nature provides inspiration for jewelry artists in the form of stone choice, color choice and design choice. All you have to do is look out the window or take a walk through a park to be inspired by nature. Behind our house is a 100 acre community park that has a nature trail. While this week the weather was cooler and rainy, last week was absolutely gorgeous and my daily walks along the nature trail inspired this necklace. The feature stone is a beautiul piece of fuchsite that has been surrounded by dark green and smokey topaz seed beads. The fringe and necklace chain follow the same color scheme adding dozens of crystals for style.

I find that my beadweaving works best when I don't plan out an entire piece before I start, rather letting it evolve into it's own. I let the stones "speak" to me and creating a piece of jewelry becomes like music....one note building on the next until a masterpiece is created.

With that in mind, I'm going to start doing a series of works in progress, showing you how a work comes together.....

If you'd like to purchase this item, please CLICK HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment